Sunday, May 18, 2008

Let there be Light! Luminosita!

So, I woke up today at about 12 noon (slept at 6ish - was at The Arena yesterday. They had some Japanese dude & dudette who did a special performance there. got to know some hot shots too... more to reveal in time to come) and the first thing I did was to switch on my laptop and do some crazy spamming of my blog and concert details again heehee.

then Andy Tan appeared!! And then there was light!!! this is his blog

http://luminosita.livejournal.com/
He is my VJC tsd-mate. We had some crazy times together hehe. He's now working in some big bank stocking up some big bucks, and in his free time, he manages this website www.fifo.sg. He did a little interview with me and here it is!!!

http://www.fifo.sg/post/show/196
*raps* 'check, check, check it out, check it out, check it out...'


So far, I know 4 Andy's (3 Andy, 1 Andie), and they are all talented, promising young men.

Andy 1 is as above, Andy TAN! hot shot banker with rolling hard cash buzzing around him.

Andie 2 is a star in the making... He won Star Search erm 2007? or 2006? knew him when I wsa in MDC. I call him "Er Zi!!" (my son) 'cos we did a skit which I directed. I was his saggy-boobies naggy mother. fake one la.

Andy 3 is Woman's bf's best buddy. A funny & VERY lame but extremely hardworking fella, who doesn't watch soccer, smoke/drink or play computer games. Ya he's single, and he drives a Porsche wwwoOOoOoOoOOTT!!

last but not the least, Andy 4 is my manager aka Xiao Bai Lian aka Sugardaddy aka Kai Ye ... too long a list.
So parents, name your kids Andy. Girls also can be Andie's. No problemo.


Just had an interesting conversation with my brother-in-law, who's a hair stylist @ a hot-shot salon. he's quite a hottie too haha. anyway we were talking about the state of local films, and he made a rilly rilly interesting point. That most local films (and there aren't many so u might know which ones im talking about) only appeal to local audience. Local films have little, or no international appeal. Why is it that overseas film-makers can make films reflecting their own culture, but still appeal to us nevertheless? HMMMMMmmmMMmmMmMmMmMm, WAI WAI are u reading this??

Waiwai is a budding film-maker. He graduated from NYFA and came back to SG and has yet to make a film. He has done loadsa interesting stuff thou, like appearing on kidscentral as part of U-go, Me-go, NO PROBLEMO! And why am i advertising him? I have no idea... I have digressed yet again... anyway, WAI WAI, make a film soon, that has global appeal! and of course, needless to say - MAKE ME THE LEAD! bwahahahahaha. ha. ha. ha.


Interesting find of the day
Few days ago, i went to polyclinic for a referral to TTSH Voice Clinic to get my vocal cords checked. Went to pharmacy and chanced upon this nasal strip thingy. It's called Breathe Right and it's meant to 'help reduce snoring' and 'relieve nasal congestion'. I bought it for my mom la 'cos she snores and i sleep beside her so yeah, that's why I thought I should get it. I haven't showed her how to use it, and so today I have decided to be a guinea pig and experiment this new product myself.

Lemme explain the mechanism... it's ad adhesive strip that you paste on the spot just below the bridge of ur nose, and above the nostrils. not too high, not too low. the nasal strip then works like a 'flexible, "spring-like" band(s) (that) gently lift nasal passages open'.


Customer's Review:
Hmm... the nasal strip has been on my nose for the past 5 minutes. I checked in the mirror and concluded that I look considerably ugly with my nose being inflated on both sides (hence, no pictures). I now look like I had been out of a rhinoplasty gone wrong. that would mean i can't wear this nasal strip out, even though it's transparent. I would look like a freak.
Having said that, the strip really pulls my nostrils up with the 'spring-like bands' and no kidding, more air is getting sucked into my nose as i breathe and no sound! nostrils open big big, air go in quick quick. very liberating...


Verdict:

3/5 : Really opens up nasal passage ways but be prepared to look like Miss Piggy. Only to be used at home, or within vicinity of close friends & family members who have no trouble adjusting to a bigger-nosed you.







Breathe Right can be found at all local pharmacies. Get it now!

1 comment:

Angieeee said...

OMG woman.. I wish for your sake that the 'nostril-enhancer-snore-reducer' will work on your mother... so that u can finally have a good night sleep..Good Luck. n you're so kind la always advertising for people...haha