Thursday, May 8, 2008

Day #2

Today was an interesting and rather fruitful day. As Woman says, things have been falling into place and really working out well for me, apparently. I still don't feel entirely secure because I have not reached my goal/s. But I am sure I will get there, no matter what.

I had my first lesson with Babes Conde today :)It was cool. Did 15 to 20 mins worth of warm-up and I just love that. Warm-ups are really really important, so I was glad that Babes took the time to go through that with me. She asked me what songs I intend to sing for WCOPA and I told her. Things are not finalised yet and I am still trying to decide what's best for me. So far I am quite definite about one song choice, so 3 more to go!

After my vocal lesson #1, it was straight to TAPAC for a short film audition. I get to play a bimbo/bitchy role. Haha, I'm so good at that. If I take up this role, it will be my 4th time playing a 'bimboitch'. It was fun and they were quite pleased with me! Thank god 'cos I was quite ill today. Kept sniffing 'cos my sinus was acting up again.

Made new friends today at Le Noir, Clarke Quay. Brought my Sugardaddy/Boss along too. Lured him with free food and free booze hahaha. Woman introduced me to her colleague's childhood buddies - many of whom are in the music industry and it was great. We had good fun over tapas and drinks.One of the guys, Marcel, asked me an interesting question. Basically he made me choose between my 2 loves.

Marcel: If you had to narrow it down, what would it be? Singing or acting?

Well.... really, it's very difficult for me to choose because I LOVE both. I couldn't live without music, and acting is the ultimate form of expression, for me.

Writing this blog has made me realise that I have become less reflective these days. I have been so busy working that I have not been thinking about stuffs. Not sure whether that's or good or bad thing, but I guess it could be a good thing since I have been told I think too much. But I do miss just sitting around, sipping coffee and letting my thoughts run wild.I'm listening to the song I recorded at InTunes few days ago, as I'm typing. It's a cover of Jie Tuo by A*Mei. I love this song, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's actually written by a Singaporean guitarist. It was originally in English and it was translated into Mandarin for A*Mei. It's a beautiful song - rhythmic, lulling, gentle, just lovely. music rocks. nothing beats it la...

Hopefully one day I will be able to sing an original song that would have such an effect on others too....

faith, hope, love, dreams.

believe.

No comments: