Saturday, May 17, 2008

Long Live Canto/MandoPOP!

Ladies & Gentlemen, as if to verify my own opinion (and of many of my close friends) that I am not on good terms with Mista Technology, my browser decided to do some funny thing to me and absolutely obliterated my previous post from the face of this earth.

So now, i am lazy to re-write everything, and it was quite pointless anyway. I was basically reflecting on my apparent lack of technological savviness after having checked out my friend's blog (he has been spamming his friends to read it hehe), which has like EVERYTHING in it. it's like a supermarket can? Got writeups, got advertisments, got videos got photos!!!
KiKi, i think ur blog should be called Kiki-Mart.


Anyway, let me help him spam hehehe. Everyone!


Kiki forms part of this 'Bitches' clan (along with Waiwai, and Pravin, who will probably be introduced in time to come) that was set up during our eventful and interesting days in.... Singapore Armed Forces, Music & Drama Company!!! Very big name. Anyway, Kiki's a great guy - cute, funny & very industrious! He's a magician so he's always got something new up his sleeves.


On a more important note, did I forget to mention that I used to sing in dodgy Canto-clubs where ah bengs, ah sengs, ah lians & ah hueys reign??? It's their universe and yes, i provided them with endless hours of pure entertainment, singing their favourite tunes from the forsaken Cantopop regime, and the now ever-rising Mandopop era. it was great fun, getting drunk and belting out Ah Mei songs, tearing my vocal chords apart. haha. no but seriously, it was a really great experience and i have enjoyed myself utterly with my bands & crazy crowd.

and why am i saying this now? bcos my 60++++ year old neighbour is, as of this exact moment, belting out "Qiu2 Fo2" (literal translation: Beg Buddha), backed up by his super duper indestructible home-karaoke system. Of course, it brought back many memories... For those who do not know what song i am talking about, please refer to your closest ah beng, or any closet ah bengs, if you know any.

for now, i shall leave you with this image of my MAGICIAN fren KIKI TTAAYYYY!!




*the font colour has been changed to maroon for enhanced viewing purposes. mostly for waiwai cos he can't read yellow.

2 comments:

Kiki Tay said...

Thanks for the recommendation! This guy's blog is REALLY DAMM FUNNY!!

-Not me, not Kiki Tay.. someone else

Judee said...

hahaha... irritating...