Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Judee receives Star Awards from Moonbird cast...

so, i overslept today & reported at 10:10 am for a 10:30 am show. amazing right.

sorry brian... sorry hatta... sorry cast & crew... *sheepish grin*

anyway that's not the point... the point is, my loveaable, indispensible, all-humoured Moonbird cast decided to make the most out of my 'lateness' and give me hell... they r SO ANYHOW lor i tell u.

i finally arrived at alliance francaise and raaannn into dressing room, only to be recieved with stupendous applause from the cast. They have been awaiting my arrival yes. And of cos i was greeted as a Guest of Honour would, in any important event. They complimented their thundering applause with "Ying Qi!! Ying Qi" (that's my new Chinese name - did I forget to mention?), screaming like those crazy fans standing outside Mediacorp, except they were right beside me.

I really couldn't concentrate on rushing my makeup for the 10:30am show lor. By that time I was already doubled over with laughter. That stupid Trey Ho He Hong, with his deadpan expression came over to me and kept screaming my new/stage name and presented me with a PLASTIC cup, which was supposed to be the STar Award!

As if that was not enough, Hatta (Stage Manager) walked into the dressing room with a bunch of fake sunflowers that had mini fake eyes on them (wahahahhaahha) & presented them to me. LOL. my sickening cast/crew. FYI, i am laughing as I am typing this. I needed to blog it lor so dat i can never forget this incident.

So it's 10:15 already and I had to go soundcheck. So i went into theatre and Julian (Moonbird pianist) was already parked in position, behind his beloved keyboard, and started playing the Mediacorp cHannel 8's Star Awards theme song. I almost tripped on the stairs while going up to stage!

The theme song acted as a signal for the cast and in they came pouring into theatre and they started the whole mad applauding & screaming again "ying qi!! ying qi!!". Fiona (the lighting operator) even put a SPOT on me and Seri (our backstage crew, dresser, cleaner, dishwasher, props-maker, laundry-person, etc etc etc BSBH one la she) walked onto stage to present me with the fake sunflowers again. whahahahaa.

I will never forget this day. i have never been so happily late before lor.

TODAY I DECLARE THAT MOONBIRD CAST/CREW IS THE BEST!!!

Come & watch Moonbird! @ Alliance Francaise Theatre till 7th June.

No comments: